• Yes, I'm happy with my height

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an expert, but I have experience. When I was living in the Philippines a couple of years ago I noticed something related to height. Children that did not eat healthily or had proper vitamins and nutrition grew to smaller statures. The rich children, those whose parents could afford vitamins and good food, were almost always taller.

I think the things KickChick listed make the most sense. I agree with them. Of course, you'd better start while your body is still growing.

I am happy with my height. 6'3".

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

I think we all have a certain genetic potential for height that varies person to person, but through proper diet, sleep, and activity, we will reach that genetic potential instead of limiting ourselves further by eating wrong.

This is entirely plausible! The hair on all parts of your body (including your head) actually has a limited amount that it can grow...why not your body itself? We need people of all sizes in society...tall people can reach high stuff and are good for fighting our wars with brute strength, while small people can fit easily into little areas and are good for sneaking around. We all fit in somewhere, believe it or not!

All this aside, though...tall people freak me out. I don't like looking up your nostrils and trying to carry on a serious conversation!!! :uhoh: :o

On a completely different subject...why don't emoticons have noses...?

:cry: says: "I want a nose!!"

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

This is entirely plausible! The hair on all parts of your body (including your head) actually has a limited amount that it can grow...why not your body itself? We need people of all sizes in society...tall people can reach high stuff and are good for fighting our wars with brute strength, while small people can fit easily into little areas and are good for sneaking around. We all fit in somewhere, believe it or not!

All this aside, though...tall people freak me out. I don't like looking up your nostrils and trying to carry on a serious conversation!!! :uhoh: :o

On a completely different subject...why don't emoticons have noses...?

:cry: says: "I want a nose!!"

Exactly - our genes determine pretty much all of the basic things about us, but our own habits can either squander or maximise our possible height, weight, muscle tone etc. For exameple, some people are built tall and skinny by nature (an ectomorph) but with proper nutrition and exercise, they can grow to be buff. Although again, your genetics limit how much you can grow, and so this is why people take steroids in bodybuilding and powerlifting - to pass the genetic limit and become even bigger and stronger.

Same applies to height to a degree. You have a certain set height which you cannot pass. However we squander this by not eating right, not sleepin enough, not exercising to release growth hormones, etc. so by again - proper nutrition and exercise, we can grow to this genetic limit.

I just hope there aren't any drugs with dangerous side affects to make you taller. :)

And monkeygirl - some of the smilies look quite happy without noses. ;)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

dont consume any caffine .......that will stunt your growth

i have reletives in england and they drink alot of tea and they are wondering why their kids are still midgets

im 17 and i yet have not picked up the habit of drinking coffee

• 1 year later...

im 16 and am 5'9"

i'd be happy if i were 5'9"...oh wait, im already that tall :P

no wonder why i'm so happy all the time.

you guys gotta be happy w/ what you have because unless if ur michael jackson, you're gonna stick w/ the body you're born with

I'm quite happy with my heigth I'm 183 cm (6 ft).

I would be happier with a few more cms but it's ok.