• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Methods of tracking exercises and exercise routines.

akedm

Is there an online site that is good for tracking this kind of stuff? Sorta like a personal log. Not so we can share with each other necessarily (good idea but not the only reason) but so it can plan, project trends, etc..

I see so many applications online anymore why not this one?

PS : And to anyone interested in answering. What do you find is a good way to track your progress. A column of exercises and a row of days or a page per day with exercises and reps in the rows/columns. How do you know what to do today over yesterday (flip back and forth in the book and say 'ok it's been a few days since this, so...').

Just curious, and I dont want to frustrate myself by having to redo this and that as i think of a better way to record my progress.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm sure you can find some kind of planner on the internet, but if you got with a trainer or coach, and laid out some goals and objectives, they might be able to help you line out something specific to your needs.

As for me, when I track my progress, I just get a little wire bound notebook, and write down what exercises I do, how many reps, sets, and what weight, and put the date at the top. Of course, you can fancier if you wanted to, and if you can run Xcell worth a hoot, you can probably design something pretty impressive.

So I just take my little notebook and a pen to my workouts with me, and flip to the day before to see what I did with an exercise, and I'll make notes to myself if I need to go up or down in weight. Pretty simple.

As for me, when I track my progress, I just get a little wire bound notebook, and write down what exercises I do, how many reps, sets, and what weight, and put the date at the top. Of course, you can fancier if you wanted to, and if you can run Xcell worth a hoot, you can probably design something pretty impressive.

So I just take my little notebook and a pen to my workouts with me, and flip to the day before to see what I did with an exercise, and I'll make notes to myself if I need to go up or down in weight. Pretty simple.

I actually do the same thing when I feel like keeping track. :)

This is what I use alot to keep things I'm working ma wise in my head. I'll jot some ideas down after training or when a drill comes to me, or I pirate one from here on the site :) .

It's also where I'll keep thoughs on whatever I'm working on putting together. Lately it's been a knife project but it works for everything.

Keeping it simple. Who would have thought :)

Thanks for the perspective, Bushido.

Keep it simple. I like that.

- Eric

You're welcome.

In the past, I'd print off daily log sheets, in which I could put the date at the top, and had the time slots on down the lines of the page. If I did something, I'd note it between the hours I did it. I kind of used it as motivation to fill in as much time as I could on MAs, whether working out, reading, etc. It can be helpful, but I can be more specific with my notebook, and its handier as well.

http://www.fitday.com

It will keep track of your weight, daily activities, food, exercise, and other things you're interested in.

Nice find, Kuma. Very nice.

It would be hard for me, I think. Yesterday, I got a bit closer on my goal of getting to be able to do handstand pushups, then I did about an hour of fairly random practice of tesouras, role, chibata, and other floor movements (none of which I can explain easily, save that they are all ways of moving on the floor - i've been working floor a lot lately as I was inspired by some ice last winter) with some practice with some kicks and some examination of my form on galopante and cutelo (hand strikes). But I didn't exactly count and sort any of it out in any way that I could write down, beyond 'Random upper body and floor stuff - a little over an hour'.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia