• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is THE WORST Martial Arts Related Injury You Ever Had?

Tiger1962

For me i have been lucky and not experience anything to major. I have had my fingers bent right back on a couple of occassions. This being my own fault for blocking with an open hand. :D

There was also a time when i blocked a kick awkwardly and caught the inside of my knee. My vien there popped right out it was agony, i couldn't allow anything to touch it at all. The bruise it came with was horrendous going from my knee to half way down my calf.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even when I was an orange belt, I always had to spar with black belts because I'm a HW adult (5'10", 250+). Back in '03, I was sparring a young Jr. Instructor (I was 33, he was 17yrs old, 6'2", longer reach, great puncher). and he threw a spin back kick that I moved right into, and BAM! - right in the face. I broke the Orbital bone under my left eye, and to this day I still have some nerve damage that goes into my teeth. Of course, when I showed up at work with a huge shiner and told the story, by the end of the day it was told that I got my butt kicked by a six year old, white belt girl. Tough crowd in my office.

Even when I was an orange belt, I always had to spar with black belts because I'm a HW adult (5'10", 250+). Back in '03, I was sparring a young Jr. Instructor (I was 33, he was 17yrs old, 6'2", longer reach, great puncher). and he threw a spin back kick that I moved right into, and BAM! - right in the face. I broke the Orbital bone under my left eye, and to this day I still have some nerve damage that goes into my teeth. Of course, when I showed up at work with a huge shiner and told the story, by the end of the day it was told that I got my butt kicked by a six year old, white belt girl. Tough crowd in my office.

It sounds like your coworkers are as compassionate as mine,when I came in after having my nose broken. That was 2 years ago and I still get teased about it. :brow: :lol:

Semper Fi , Dave

Isn't it nice when our co-workers sympathize with us? :lol:

I have found that if people you work with or such know that you are a Martial Artist, any injury that you come in with is going to be instantly related to some kind of MA or fighting injury. "So, who popped you in the mouth?" becomes a question when you have a coldsore....

Yep, I feel your pain guys. I've gone to work with numerous injuries and I was forever getting razzed about it. From: did you get beat up by a kid or some 80 year old. :roll:

To which I reply: "at least *I* am not a couch potato." (since most of them are) 8) :lol:

Co-workers can be idiots indeed ! :evil:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Broken ribs and collar bones only for me...and twisted ankles nothing serious, haha.

No punctured lungs just yet

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• 1 month later...

So far the worst is the foot injury from a roundhouse break. I hit the board really hard--hit the wrong spot. Board didn't break on first two hits 'cause my aim was off. Still dealing with the pain. Also hyper-extended my knee when I first stared from kicking a bag. I didn't execute the move right, bag folded and caught foot, and I fell. Foot stayed up long enough to do the job.

That's the worst of it so far. Sounds like some of you have had a lot worse.

So far it's from a cracked/dislocated xyphoid process. Hurt to sit, hurt to stand, hurt to laugh or cough, just plain hurt.
Ouch, man, I can't imagine what that would feel like.

So far it's from a cracked/dislocated xyphoid process. Hurt to sit, hurt to stand, hurt to laugh or cough, just plain hurt.
Ouch, man, I can't imagine what that would feel like.

It put me down and out for a couple weeks. I kept taking a lot of punishment there during one of our gasshukus from punches and knees, but aside from feeling tender it was all right. We were driving back home and stopped off halfway to get out, stretch, and grab food. I got outside, stretched my arms up in the air, and I heard an audible "pop!" Not much you can do for it either, just take Motrin and have pity on yourself :)