• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pluerisy

Shotokan-kez

Hey guys

After suffering with severe pain in my ribs and flu-like symptoms i was diagnosed with pleurisy yesterday. I have been put on anti-biotics and told to rest and keep warm. This has totally anoyed me as i was really looking forward to going back to training after the christmas period. I have already had a few weeks off and now i'm going to need more time. GGrrr. Anyone ever had this how long did it take you to recover?

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleurisy is an inflammation of the membrane that surrounds and protects the lungs (the pleura). Inflammation occurs when an infection or damaging agent irritates the pleural surface. As a consequence, sharp chest pains are the primary symptom of pleurisy.

You want to take care this doesn't turn into pneumonia so take however long it takes to get better. Take your meds and if you feel like you're getting worse call your doctor.

Feel better! :karate:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I had a dreadful night. Seems i have had a severe reaction to my anti-biotics. I must have vomitted around 8-10 times during the night, and the stomach cramps were bad :bawling:

I got really scared and almost called an ambulance. Instead i telephoned the emergency docs and they told me to stop take the meds immediatly. I'm now waiting for my doctor to arrange a different prescription for me. Man this is a real bummer i hate it. :(

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Man I hope you get better kez. I was sick over the Holidays and had a reaction to my meds also I had a rash all over my face and neck and the other great stuff. I felt like crap to begin with and to have that, I feel ya. Just rest and get better.