• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Foot stretching?

Shotokan-kez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It could be any number of things, from injured arches to plantar facities. Most problems I've seen fall into the facities catagory.

It's a condition where a segment of connetive tissue under the arch of the foot gets inflamed thru overuse (most often, although trauma can induce it as well). Regualr stretching of the under side of the foot by working the toes and ball back will help. As will typicaly stretches done to the calf. Consider useing an ice massage post workout as well with a daily dose of anti-inflammatory.

If it's this, you should see results in 3-6 weeks of a signifigant imporovement. If it's still not going away, as always, consult a sports med doc.

There are a few things it could be & its hard to guess with just that sensation alone. As tallgeese said, wait a couple weeks and then if the feeling has increased or you have additional symptoms check it out at the doc. I have a habit of always looking up my symptoms online on medical websites whenever I have something or feel like I have an injury.

That's good but it could also drive you crazy. LOL :oops:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert