• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moving to a new area

GMac

Hello all, I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not. If not, could someone please move it for me.

I am going to be leaving Canada and moving over to the UK some time this fall. It involves a job transfer. I currently study a style that is based on shotokan. I will be around the Gosport area when I get there. Are there any schools that can be recommended, or any that it would be advisable to stay away from? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to mention any names in public.

Thanks for your time.

George

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How about taking a look here: http://www.seku.ndo.co.uk/pgClubDirectory.htm#G

They list a club in Gosport.

Gosport Borough Council also have a list of all the MA clubs that they know of and list a different Shotokan club.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thanks for your replies, I will check these sites out.

Gmac,

Lovely part of the world. My company has an office just near by that I work out of regularly.

Shotokan is very much alive and kicking in the South Hampshire area. The group that DWx highlighted has Dave Hazard listed as one of the top boys.

If I am not mistaken, another KF member "TraditionalDan" once trained with them / him.

Perhaps he can throw some light on them.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

• 2 months later...

Just as an update, I will be leaving for England on Monday the 8th. I will be living in Fareham, which looks like a nice place as I was there checking out living arrangements. I have contacted several dojos and m looking forward to training again, (been away from training for a couple of months getting ready for the move. My family follows on the 18th, then it is an all out race getting ready for Christmas :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your transfer and training ,luckily as mentioned SEKU is very strong in Hampshire with Sensei Mick Dewey . Good strong traditional shotokan Karate .

never give up !

Well if you had been a little closer to me i would have been biased and said "Come to our club"! lol :lol:

Good luck with your transfer i hope you like living in the UK and good luck with your Karate training, i wish you all the best. :D

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk