• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Elbow and Ankle joints

One doctor actually told me i had tennis elbow! :o

When I developed tennis elbow, which came from overworking with weight-training and gripping exercises, the pain wasn't in the elbow joint, it was in the upper forearm, on the outer area.

As you haven't referred to gripping pains, but when you bend the elbow, as a non-medical person who suffered with tennis elbow, I would say the diagnosis was incorrect. Perhaps the doctor misunderstood you, or, unfortunately, was not listening attentively to your description.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tennis elbow is just a generic term for what is really inflamation in certain tendons in the elbow. It gets called that due to it's prevalence in people who play tennis. Anyone can develop the condition regardless of their activity.

Tennis elbow is just a generic term for what is really inflamation in certain tendons in the elbow. It gets called that due to it's prevalence in people who play tennis. Anyone can develop the condition regardless of their activity.

Which makes sense. I have shin splints and I am not a runner. Go figure. :-?

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

these are common injury's i too sufferd from knee trouble i started training at a early age and had to have steroid injections into one of my knees (painful)

i also had ankle trouble

i found that doing a little extra warm up and stretching before and after training helped allot keeping your joints as supple as they can be seems to help for me i even do a little stretching and rotation before bed

the better person is the one who can walk away from a fight

I found that doing a little extra warm up and stretching before and after training helped allot . . . (emphasis added)

My instructor has suggested stretching after class too, dmsteve. I usually don't have knee problems anymore, but if I feel it there, I've taken a few moments to do some stretching after class.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu