• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training after lifting?????

savedbygrace

Ok, is this a good idea or bad? For instance, after you lift weights and get a real good "pump" and burn going, do you think its a good idea to practice your kicks and punches after lifting? I know that my punches and kicks are horrible after I have lifted because my extremities all feel like they are 20lbs heavier, but can this help build more strength and stamina, or is it not a good idea? I know that technique can get sloppy when doing this, but I was wondering everyones opinion. Thanks.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think you would want to do technique work prior to doing some work that is going to wear you limbs down. That way, you don't end up hurting yourself over-exerting fatigued limbs.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you would want to do technique work prior to doing some work that is going to wear you limbs down. That way, you don't end up hurting yourself over-exerting fatigued limbs.

That is exactly right. It's always better to do your more technical workouts before you tear your muscles up lifting. The same goes for running. It's better to run first and then lift, or in this case train first and then lift. If you lift first, your muscles are already broken down, and you will not get much out of your secondary workout this way. And, as you said, injuries can happen this way as well.

• 4 months later...

Training after workout is only good for weight loss. As after you yourout you will burn all your carbohydrates(?) and then while training you can burn the fat. Burned in order:

Alcohol-->Carbohydrates-->Fat-->Protein-->Muscle(?)

Teach me something =P

Essentially, it's not really bad per se. If it works out that your schedule works that way, then so be it, if you can flip flop them and that stills works for your schedule that's cool too. But it won't kill you or make you have five heads or anything. I use to do that all the time, and i lived and still gained muscle and lost weight.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• 3 weeks later...

Not only can it lead to injury as was pointed out above, but it can lead to bad movements as well.

If you're tired, your form will start to suffer. If you do enough repititons with bad form, you will start to engrain that motion into your head. Pretty soon, even when you're fresh, your punches and kicks will start to suffer.

Techniques (man I hate that word) before exhaustion. Work fine or complex motor skills prior to gross ones. Punching being more complex while pushing weight would be more of a gross motor function.