• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Were's Me Belt?!

Its been about a month now and I have passed my yellow belt test, but my sensei keeps forgetting my yellow belt! Anyone else here ever had a problem simular to this? Once I asked my sensei to order me some MMA gloves and for about four months he kept forgetting them... Oh what is a yellow belt to do!

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hard telling. I know that my instructor doesn't like to place orders with only a few items; it makes shipping a killer. This could be his deal as well. Or, he may just be forgetting. Who knows? Just keep reminding him.

Well i wouldnt really worry about it because your karate is in your heart not your belt

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

OO i have this same problem. I dont have the problem with belts anymore but my sensei always used to forget belts and things, usually if it got to long i would just go buy one myself. I dont think he has ever left it that long though.

Just keep reminding him, if you knew his email addy you could email him everyday..if you felt cheeky enough hehe.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

We ran into a problem like that recently, the lady that was running the office did a poor job staying up on stuff like making sure we had enough belts of the right sizes and rank, as well as uniforms.

Talk about embarrassing, when as prospective student comes in for intro lessons and we don't have a uniform to give them their first lesson, or a white belt to promote them to when they learn the first creed, the three rules of Karate, and (if they're a child) clean their room!

"I'd rather have 10 techniques that work for me than 100 techniques that work against me." -Ed Parker

• 1 month later...

sounds pretty odd that you wait at all.

at all schools i have trained out, belt presentation was done on the grading day

Now you use head for something other than target.

At our school, we usually wait a week before belt promotions. Our instructor usually has some belts on hand, but not usually all that we need.

Our instuctor usually orders in a belt per student who is grading. If they all pass they get their belts there and then, if not, they get given them in their next class.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius