• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

washing your Gi

Daisho

lets hear how you do it. i mean as soon as i get home from my training, i throw my gi in a cold/cold wash with woolite and fabric softener, then hang it in my bathroom for 2 days to dry.

however, it STILL manages to shrink after each washing. geeeeeeeezzzzzz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets hear how you do it. i mean as soon as i get home from my training, i throw my gi in a cold/cold wash with woolite and fabric softener, then hang it in my bathroom for 2 days to dry.

Hang Dry after a cold/cold wash. No woolite. No fabric softner. Hot iron before hanging or folding. Never had a problem with shrinking. What brand/weight uniform?

Hang Dry after a cold/cold wash. No woolite. No fabric softner. Hot iron before hanging or folding. Never had a problem with shrinking. What brand/weight uniform?

Good advice.

Why do you hang it in your bathroom?No sun?

i used the woolite and fabric softener to relax the fabric, and stop it from contracting after washing. I hang it in my bathroom because i have no access to sunlight :cry: and because it's the brightest light in my apt, so i can see wear and tear, or fraying seams early.

as far as gi brand geeez, i've worn tons. I mostly like the Japanese judogi brands, as they're a more firm fit. always double layered.

I've had Mizuno, a Ku Sakura, hsu, pro-force, dragon, and Toraki off the top of my head through the past 7 years.

Hello, Most of us wash our Gi's. It is when you train with someone in the next class that "didn't wash it", cause one of our sense's to react.

Not washing a gi's can be a good technique to use when grappling.

Do not under estimate the power of SMELL! it can be good or it can be BAD! It is how you use it! POWER TO YOU!

Aloha (wash till clean...dry till not wet any more).

I wouldnt' advise throwing a GI in a dryer, unless it's cheap.

I have done this for years, and have not had much of a problem. Tumble dry on a medium heat. No worries.