• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing for 3rd Dan rec

Hey guys and gals. Thanks for all the support. Overall, I think the testing went very well. The only hiccups I really had were on board breaks. First of all, for my jump front snap kicks, I kept breaking the back board; I did this twice. I did a knife hand strike, which was pretty easy, and I was the most concerned about this break. Now, for the last break, I did a back leg round kick. The kicker is (no pun intended) that the boards I had to use for this kick were about half the size of the normal boards, making them a touch difficult to break. But, round kick is my best break, so I used that technique for them on purpose. I nailed them on the second attempt, when I lowered them a little, and really grit my teeth and popped them!

Watching some of the other students that were my rank testing, I would have to say that I felt pretty good about my technique and forms presentations. I put all of my power into them that I could, and made sure that I had confidence in my voice when I spoke. When I go to test with the other schools, it makes me feel glad that my instructor works us so hard and pushes us to do what we can. It ends up showing, in the end.

I felt good about my testing sparring, too. I sparred against two younger, faster, more athletic guys, and I did fairly well. I blocked well, and got in close to punch on them quite a bit. I actually got a round kick through on one of the guys' face, which I apologized to him about afterwards. I didn't kick him very hard, but it made a slapping sound that I think most everyone could hear. :roll:

I should find out for sure sometime next week if I passed, but I don't have too many worries. My instructor said that I don't have anything to worry about, so that lightens the load a bit. Man, was I nervous, though! I can never shake those nerves!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...