• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much do you pay?

Kante

I charge 1 Dinar (~2.65 U$D) per person per 1 1/2 h session. No other fees. No contracts. All that wealth goes into equipment (mats/pads etc..) and if I ever have something left there will be a big party!

Sadly I've made the observation that many commercially oriented instructors eventually fight and break off with their respective organizations, co-instructors and/or heads of style. I don't want to face the situation where greed overwhelms my passion to share Karate - that's why decided to operate solely non-profit (small loss most of the time actually...).

------------

Goju Ryu (Yushinkan since 1989), Shotokan (JKA since 2005)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question...

For those who have the authority to set tuition prices...How did you come up with your tuition price(s)??

:idea:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Question...

For those who have the authority to set tuition prices...How did you come up with your tuition price(s)??

:idea:

A couple of factors go into it for me.

1) What are others charging for similar services?

2) What's it going to cost me to keep my school running month to month (i.e. rent, paying any additional instructors if there are any, insurance etc.)

From there I can set a price that will allow me keep my school running.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I don't run a school, but I would imagine that it's like any other business model. You start with adding all your expenses up. This is your break even price.

Then you factor in the pricing from competitors. Add some for more services, deduct for some services cut. Then you throw in a promotional price here and there to help the weak months.

$50 and $100 are touchy prices. It's where people generally budget their recreational expense at. It's where they draw the line. In other words, there's much more than $10 separating a price of $95 and $105.

Once a price is decided upon, then one has to determine how many student it will take to break even. After breaking even, profit begins with the amount of students beyond the break even point.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Once a price is decided upon, then one has to determine how many student it will take to break even. After breaking even, profit begins with the amount of students beyond the break even point.

:)

Exactly. That is why at first it is important for one to have another job. Although I think that I would do my best to not have to use my living funds to pay something like rent for my karate studio.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...