• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much do you pay?

Kante

Thanks Tallgeese, oh and by the way, it is "she"

The fact that they charge us for gradings I believe is partly due to paying for the rent of the dojo, and our belts we can get cheaper if we go to a store and buy it for example, rather then purchasing it through the club. We did however have to purchase our own gi, it was $40 through the club, I'm sure they're cheaper else where but it's simply convinient purchasing it through the club.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50$ for three months of Wado and 45$ or three months of Shotokan. I feel fortunate after reading the other posts.

Welcome to the Forum!

Question, do you not find it hard to practice to arts which are virtually identical but yet so different. The way the kata and the stances etc are performed etc. [/b]

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

"Not enough!!" That's what I overheard my intermediate ranks say before class one day. It warmed my heart up when I heard that.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 year later...

I pay 102$ every 4 months. For that I get six 90 minute classes per week. Unfortunately they have the class on Fridays start at the same time I quit work so I'm not able to attend :kaioken:

Grading cost 32$

The good thing is that my job covers most of the fees. I only pay the gradings and the 14$ that are left of the fee.

Thought I answered this a while ago, but could find my answer, ok well...

With TSD: £10pm (this is for the first 6 months, then it went up to £20pm), this includes training up to 4 times a week and there are no other fees to pay (insurance, gradings, membership, etc are all included). This is my main club, which is non-profit.

With Shotokan: £5 per lesson, £20 per year for membership & insurance. The price of the gradings are dependant on the association, however looking into them this year, the prices are between £40 and £80 for 2nd Dan and above (again depending on the association).

With Kickboxing: £5 per lesson, £20-£30 per year for membership & insurance, I can't remember the price of the gradings - I believe it was in the region of £15-£20 (pre black belt)...

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

$80 a month for me. which covers training, insurance, gradings (even if we don't grade that month it will pay for our grading when we are eligible to grade) and paying for the space that we train at.

for our really advanced adults (by that i mean Brown Belt and above) we are able to train 5 times a week (that is really 2 double classes and one single class). our juniors can do 4 classes a week, unless they have a parent training afterwards then it will be more.