• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much do you pay?

Kante

$172/m (first family member), $ 99/m per family member after that with a 5% increase every year on everybody.

If you want weapons training it is $200/m per person

All the above is with a max limit of twice per week, 4 classes to choose from.

** No testing or belt fees

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$75/month with 2 regular classes/week. Just started up special classes on Saturday mornings this month so it's been 3 classes/week. Test fees are $10 when getting a new belt.

Not complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I wish I had dojos in my area that cheap.

The dojo Im looking at costs $60 a month, we also have to pay for Gi and belt tests. The dojo itself is pretty small too.

There's another gym in my area that charges $100 a month but with sparing and unlimited classes (American Kenpo, MMA, BJJ and Muay Thai) and I can go 4 times a week. We have to buy our Gi through the school, I'm a big guy so it's $60 for me. I still can't decide which one to go to since I'm working with a minimum wage (U.S) college student budget.

If I haven't answered yet, I pay $35.00 per month for regularly scheduled classes. ($10.00 for private in addition, and testing fees are separate) As I'm the treasurer of the club, I can tell you that we're not a money generating machine like some other places, but we make more than enough to cover all expenses and put money in the pocket!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

We don't technically charge at all. The adults don't pay anything, though most of us donate $50-$100 once a year when the Boys and Girls Club we run out of holds their Bowlathon and most of us also donate equipment and our time helping out with the kids.

The kids are asked to bring a dollar a lesson. We put an old coffee can by the door and they drop their dollar in as they come in. We don't keep track of who pays and who doesn't, though. Some days we'll have 10 kids training and not a single dollar in the can.

We tell the kids the dollar is for equipment and, while it does go towards buying belts, uniforms, sparring gear, etc, the main reason we have the kids bring in their dollar is that it gives them a tangible way to see the value of their training. By dropping a dollar in the can that they could have otherwise spent on a soda or a candy bar from the vending machines, they see that the hour they're spending with us is valuable and therefore they *theoretically* put a bit more into it than they would have if it was completely free.

We don't technically charge at all. The adults don't pay anything, though most of us donate $50-$100 once a year when the Boys and Girls Club we run out of holds their Bowlathon and most of us also donate equipment and our time helping out with the kids.

The kids are asked to bring a dollar a lesson. We put an old coffee can by the door and they drop their dollar in as they come in. We don't keep track of who pays and who doesn't, though. Some days we'll have 10 kids training and not a single dollar in the can.

We tell the kids the dollar is for equipment and, while it does go towards buying belts, uniforms, sparring gear, etc, the main reason we have the kids bring in their dollar is that it gives them a tangible way to see the value of their training. By dropping a dollar in the can that they could have otherwise spent on a soda or a candy bar from the vending machines, they see that the hour they're spending with us is valuable and therefore they *theoretically* put a bit more into it than they would have if it was completely free.

Devin,

Your school is that lost gem, training without the burden of the next dollar!! Some might say that you'll be swallowed up by the corporate dojo's, but I believe that while the corporate entities try to swallow schools like yours up, they'll end up choking in the long run.

I bow to you and yours!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!