• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much do you pay?

Kante

Cost: $5 per class, no testing fees, no belt fees, etc.

Also, do you get invited to world/international championships regularly? If so, does your sensie charge you extra to participate? (If you're a member of your national team of course)

As part of the Okinawan Shorin Ryu Karate Association( Seitoku Ishikawa President). we do get invited to attend the World Tournaments in Okinawa. And, if anyone of us wished to go, Sensei would not charge us extra. He would probably drop the class fee on the individual so that they could afford the trip!

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay $150 a month for up to 4 classes a week and I get an extra class in bjj, so I'm basically getting ranked in 2 arts for the $150. No test fees ever.

My job pays for my lessons now but 10 years ago or so when I was paying, it was $65 for 3-4 hours 5 days a week and I had a key to the gym to train on my own on the weekends, this was in Muay Thai.

The club where I train charges £ 4.00 per 2 hour session. This is paid on the door "pay as you train".

In the UK we don’t tend to have contracts - although I think that the GKR lot are trying to bring this in.

Also, not many instructors in the UK, teach Karate as a primary source of income, so I guess were quite lucky in many ways.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

• 3 weeks later...

$30 bucks a month for all-you-can-train (but it isn't insisted that you pay if you have financial difficulty). Empty Hand practices are 2+ hours Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Weapons practices are 2+ hours Tuesday, Thursday. Plus, any other time you want to train with the instructor and he's up for it (more unscrupulous individuals would play it up and call it "private lessons", I guess).

We do not use rank or belts, so no hidden costs there.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/