• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know hat there is no specific time frame for belt promotions in bjj, but this is a hypothetical question.

If one were to train in bjj once a week from 45-60 minutes that one night, how long do yo think it would take them to move up to blue belt???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It would take awhile. 3 times a week and it still will take anywhere from 18 months to 2 years. BJJ is not a style that moves up in ranks quickly. Regardless. I would put a white belt with a year and a half on the mat against any non grappler.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Unless you work hard between classes (or even if you do), I would be prepared for it to take 3 years or more. Although, it really depends on how your school grades, a friend of mine trained at a Gracie Barra school where promotion was based pretty much entirely on competition results, whereas our promotions are based on assessment of skills until blue belt at least.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

Is it very common to have 45-60 minute bjj classes? My impression was that most bjj schools have fairly long classes.

ichi-go ichi-e

一期一会

one encounter, one chance

Is it very common to have 45-60 minute bjj classes? My impression was that most bjj schools have fairly long classes.

That does seem kinda short to me too. We do 2 hour classes.

Does the 45 to 60 minutes include the open mat time as well?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."