• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Satori-gi: 12 oz vs 15 oz?

cocomonk22

I'm considering getting a Satori gi, and must choose between 12 oz (appropriate for intermediate students, teenagers, and individuals of lighter stature) and 15 oz (their "trademark", original version). They are both at or above heavyweight, so I don't know how much they will differ with 3 oz inbetween them. Some considerations are temperature, wrinkling after washing/drying, and how heavy the gi feels.

If you own a Satori gi, opinions about it would really help. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have the Satori 12oz gi and find it just fine for my purposes. You probably can't go wrong with either, but like Bushido Man said, the heavier the better if you have some sort of grappling/throws involved in your art.

By the way, my Satori is custom tailored and one of my best gi's ever :)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I have the Satori 12oz gi and find it just fine for my purposes. You probably can't go wrong with either, but like Bushido Man said, the heavier the better if you have some sort of grappling/throws involved in your art.

Pacificshore,

Did you get the Traditional Style or North American gi?

Pacificshore,

Did you get the Traditional Style or North American gi?

Well since I got it custom made to my specs, it fits more like the traditional :)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

you can go with the new line Gi.... the lightweight but strong. AS Sovereign, Tokaido NST, Shureido MUgen or Hirota Pinack...... they are very good.

15oz it's very heavy...

Sorry, can't go with the new type of gi because I need a black gi. 15 oz is very heavy? You may be right, but are you talking about a 15 oz Satori gi?