• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just got my cool new gi

blackxpress

Heck, I remember buying KI Gi's made in Japan for $35.00 back in the day, now they are up to a minimum of $135.00....

Back then the choices were limited for uniforms, now there are so many different makers, some good, some bad. But it's whatever floats your boat nowadays ;)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I remember buying KI Gi's made in Japan for $35.00 back in the day, now they are up to a minimum of $135.00....

Back then the choices were limited for uniforms, now there are so many different makers, some good, some bad. But it's whatever floats your boat nowadays ;)

This is true. The market is definitely more demanding now than it was then. Competition is nice, but as you said, it brings out some lower quality stuff as well.

I have a Century heavyweight 12oz canvas uniform. I like it and don't have any wrinkle issues with it. I have seen the Tokaido Uniforms but haven't seen Kamikaze brand. I will have to look them up.

Congratulations on the new uniform, blackxpress

Ed

Ed

• 3 weeks later...
I have a Century heavyweight 12oz canvas uniform. I like it and don't have any wrinkle issues with it. I have seen the Tokaido Uniforms but haven't seen Kamikaze brand. I will have to look them up.

Ed

For budget minded consumers: The Pro-Force Super Heavy Gi are great. They are no Tokaido, but MUCH better than their 12oz.

Also, I HATE century Gis... and other than Century it is hard to find a good Tang Soo Do uniform and Pro Force 14oz come with black or midnight blue trim.

Sadly, I never got a Sang Moo Sa before they went downhill.

ok, ok...it's not a Shirai line...it's not a luxurious line..it's a cheap model.... ok no problem!!!!!! For the price it's good!!!

i had on of those made in Pakistan , it was a perfect 14 oz gi,

Hehe, my fiance has the same gi and loves it. I like century for the lighter gi's, but kamakazi seems good for heavy!

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• 1 month later...

Ed

For budget minded consumers: The Pro-Force Super Heavy Gi are great. They are no Tokaido, but MUCH better than their 12oz.

Also, I HATE century Gis... and other than Century it is hard to find a good Tang Soo Do uniform and Pro Force 14oz come with black or midnight blue trim.

Sadly, I never got a Sang Moo Sa before they went downhill.

Hey JW, i have been looking for a new TSD uniform top, as i have had my century one for quite a few years and it is starting to show the wear and tear, literally. i was never fond of the century jacket for the first year i had it, it was a piece of cardboard and the size was odd, i needed like a size 5.5 and i noticed Pro Force has half sizes but nonetheless i had a few questions for you. Do you like your Pro Force Top, and are the sizes similar to centurys, and how long did it take to break yours in???

In Tang Soo,

K.Chuilli

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

• 5 months later...

Getting a xmas gift for my grandson and not sure which brand to choose? He currently has a Black 16oz Shureido but it cost $225 and only lasted a little over a year! Looks good all the time and you can hear the snap when he kicks and it never wrinkles. I have looked at the Tokaido which is very similar and at the same price range as the Sureido. I am looking next at the Juka which cost $98 and at the Hayashi which cost $58. Both are 14oz heavyweight. He has just earned his red belt for being a sensei and has 3 more belts to go before he starts the black belt climb to master. He is 17 and a uniform is a status symbol but I sure hate to spend the bucks if he wears it out that fast. Any help would be welcome.

Getting a xmas gift for my grandson and not sure which brand to choose? He currently has a Black 16oz Shureido but it cost $225 and only lasted a little over a year! Looks good all the time and you can hear the snap when he kicks and it never wrinkles. I have looked at the Tokaido which is very similar and at the same price range as the Sureido. I am looking next at the Juka which cost $98 and at the Hayashi which cost $58. Both are 14oz heavyweight. He has just earned his red belt for being a sensei and has 3 more belts to go before he starts the black belt climb to master. He is 17 and a uniform is a status symbol but I sure hate to spend the bucks if he wears it out that fast. Any help would be welcome.
Here is a thread with a little bit of information on it. Hope it helps: http://www.karateforums.com/karate-gi-vt31898.html