Favourite console fighting game  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite console fighting game

• Mortal kombat series
    • Street fighter series
    • Tekken series

Mortal combat, Tekken, Sreet fighter.

Which would make a great fight between different game characters

Which characters do you like and, who would you say your fighting style mostly resembles.

Can the fighting genre be improved in any way? :brow:

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gotta go with the original. I used to play Street Fighter 2(Original) at lunch break during school. Besides, can you think of a game series that had more adjectives in it's sequels?(Ultra Turbo Champion Alpha edition)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta go with street fighter. I love the zaniness of it all, and who doesn't want to give a big hug to Blanka? Never really played Tekken (although I know it has many fans), and Mortal Combat didn't have to much going for it except shock value (for its day) in my opinion. Other than SF though, I'm gonna have to put in a non-existant vote for Virtua Fighter. It's probably the most realistic and least button mashing of all the titles out there (there are whole arcades separated by rank in Japan dedicated to just that game), and all the charachters are based on real fighting styles.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I'm gonna have to put in a non-existant vote for Virtua Fighter. It's probably the most realistic and least button mashing of all the titles out there (there are whole arcades separated by rank in Japan dedicated to just that game), and all the charachters are based on real fighting styles.

Incidentally, I just saw that Virtua Fighter 5 is to be hitting the shelves (pardon the pun :D ). It looked very good. I can't remember if it was on PS3 or Xbox 360, though.

I'm gonna have to put in a non-existant vote for Virtua Fighter. It's probably the most realistic and least button mashing of all the titles out there (there are whole arcades separated by rank in Japan dedicated to just that game), and all the charachters are based on real fighting styles.

Incidentally, I just saw that Virtua Fighter 5 is to be hitting the shelves (pardon the pun :D ). It looked very good. I can't remember if it was on PS3 or Xbox 360, though.

I will come out for both, but the PS3 version will come out first. I'd hold out for the 360 version (not just because it is a better system :wink: ), but it will probably have more stuff (perhaps on online mode too).

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The virtua fighter 5 coming to the PS3 and XBOX 360 will be different versions.

The XBOX 360 virtua fighter 5 will be using newer code than PS3 version, and has updates to the game.

Kick-punch block, its all in the mind :)

Wing chun helps you find the path to ones inner strength. I am getting stronger

'''First in First served''....''Mike Walsh''' 6'th Dan.R.I.P sensie

http://www.communigate.co.uk/chesh/runcornwingchun/index.phtml