• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Card games

karatekid1975

Hiya all.

The board game thread gave me an idea. What is your favorite card game?

My favorite is kind of unusual. It's called "Golf" but it has nothing to do with golf LOL. You play with two decks of cards. All the cards are face value, except the joker, the king, jack, and queen. The joker is minus 2 points, and the king is 1 point. The jack and queen are 10 points. The object of the game is to get the lowest points possible. You play with 6 cards face down. Flip two at the start of the hand, and go from there (trying to discard the high cards). If you get two of the same cards (like 2 queens), it's 0 points. You have to keep score for 9 games. Then add them up. Whoever get s the lowest score wins.

A friend showed me how to play this game. It's addicting!

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Believe it or not, my fave is Yu-gi-oh! My son introduced me to it and now I can't stop. It is a very involved, thinking game of strategy that blows away any other I have ever played. I even go to tournaments with him now. If you have the time to get into a very complicated game, I recommend it. Adults play this a lot more than I expected.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

My favorite collectible card game was Jyhad which was changed to Vampire the Eternal Struggle because people were confusing it with jihad and giving it bad press. Another favorite was Illuminati New World Order. As for regular card games I'm a big speed fan.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Let's see, about a decade ago I was way into Magic: The Gathering. Though I haven't played that in. . . .well probably going on 6-7 years now. Today, I enjoy

Lunch Money

Munchkins (and all it's off shoots)

Burn In H___

Traditional card games, I would have to go with:

Triopoloy

Euchre

Texas hold-em

Gin is my game. I have been playing it since I was about 6 or so. Made a lot of money at the clubhouse on rainy or windy days!!! My dad is a Cribbage man but I never picked it up-I should though...watched it enough as a kid!

Laurie-Golf is a great game! I used to play it on long car trips or lazy days at home. We play Uno at camp every summer and I never played it before I worked there!!! My kids were never into cards...spent too much time at the dojo!!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Gin is my game. I have been playing it since I was about 6 or so. Made a lot of money at the clubhouse on rainy or windy days!!! My dad is a Cribbage man but I never picked it up-I should though...watched it enough as a kid!

Laurie-Golf is a great game! I used to play it on long car trips or lazy days at home. We play Uno at camp every summer and I never played it before I worked there!!! My kids were never into cards...spent too much time at the dojo!!!

8)

Cool. Next time we come over, we can crack open a few cold ones and play Golf. That would be cool. Mike knows how to play it, right?

Laurie F