• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you listen to music when you train?

savedbygrace

I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. Not in your dojo, but when your at home or in the gym by yourself, do you listen to music when you train? If this has been asked before please forgive me.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I listen to Music all the time when i train, THe louder I have it, the Better I can do...

My Music -

Survivor: Eye of the Tiger, Burning Heart, No easy way out

John Cafferty: Hearts on Fire

Rocky Balboa: Gonna Fly now...

Gonna fly now is my favourite music to listen to while training, It makes me push my self to the edge and "Fly" over it...

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. Not in your dojo, but when your at home or in the gym by yourself, do you listen to music when you train? If this has been asked before please forgive me.

I believe that there is no problem with listening to music in the early part of ones exercise routine, that is, during stretching and general warm ups. However, when it comes to forms (katas), technical routines and chi kung, I believe that the mind has to be as clear as possible without any distractions, yes, not even pleasant ones such as music.

RealWingChun

The truth hurts.

Hello,

There is another recently active thread on this subject, so I am going to go ahead and close this one and redirect you over there.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=28381

Thanks. :)