• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BAH! Another injury!

bushido_man96

I was working on my punching bag this morning, doing side steps and kicking and punching, and managed to somehow tweak my neck!!

I don't understand what happened, but man, does it feel stiff! I can't turn my head a far to each side as normal, and I can't look up without it really hurting!

Aaarg! :x :kaioken:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oh no Brian thats bad :o Between the pair of us how many injuries have we had eh? I know what it's like when you pull your neck, you can't turn your head and you end up turning your whole body to turn to look at someone.

Aww make sure you rest it and get some heat pads on it or a hot water bottle. This kinda thing normally starts to feel better after a few days. Sorry hun i know that probably doesn't help :D

Hope you feel better soon Brian.

Kez x :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Sorry to hear that. I've had this happen to me before. Never went to the doctor about it cause it went away on it's own but it took a week or so.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Brian, it'll heal quickly if you let it. Restrict your range of movement and avoid any motion that causes discomfort. Get plenty of sleep and a little extra protein, add a heating pad frequently and you should be fine in no time.

Everything heals in time.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I was working on my punching bag this morning, doing side steps and kicking and punching, and managed to somehow tweak my neck!!

I don't understand what happened, but man, does it feel stiff! I can't turn my head a far to each side as normal, and I can't look up without it really hurting!

Icy hot and A 1985 Bears Suoer bowl replay will do the trick.

I had a stiff neck the other day too, not sure what from. And my boos has one today, must be going around.

I used to have bleeding knuckles, elbows, knees. etc from using the heavy bag with no gloves or anything. Must of got used to it now though, no more bleeding.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

oh sorry to hear that hope it feels better soon.

Iv done that before too like everyone said rest and heatpacks help but another tip would be to roll a towel up and wrap it around your neck to act like a collar - it helped me.

you sould be as right as rain in no time but if not maybe get it checked if it still sore in a couple of weeks

If you have a doctor, give him/her a call. They can prescribe you a non-narcotic muscle relaxant like norflex or skelakin that will really help you feel better without making you feel groggy or out of touch. Also use warm, moist heat. Too much heat for longer than 20 minutes will cause blood vessels to constrict and increase pain.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.