• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Intermediate Kata

dtstiachi

My instructor is taking me through 3 hard style katas before i obtain my black belt. The first kata is called Tago one. The next is called Neon five and the final one is Phase three.

Has anyone else heard of these katas and is there any place that I can get a list of the moves (especially the last 2).

Thanks.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
My instructor is taking me through 3 hard style katas before i obtain my black belt. The first kata is called Tago one. The next is called Neon five and the final one is Phase three.

Has anyone else heard of these katas and is there any place that I can get a list of the moves (especially the last 2).

Thanks.

Tago could be Taegot, or the same as the Kicho Hyung from Tang Soo Do or the Taikyoku kata from Shotokan. Neon might be Heian or Pinan.

Phase 3?

since you are talking about intermediate level katas the phase three could be part of the heian or pinan forms, possibly the third part....but if the second one is to be assumed to be heian 5 then the following one wouldn't seem to be appropriate for heian 3....unless your instructor is trying a new teaching method with his katas and wants you to learn specific aspects of the katas of those specific forms....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks.

Considering intermediate kata is what we are talking about... Neon five (as suggest before) could be Pinan Five possibly. Phase three...maybe Passai (but I don't know how the three would come into play...of course there are many versions of this kata and you may have been or may eventually be caught other version thus the number three). As for Tago One, I can't think of one

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt