• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

OK, I think my knees are gone

bushido_man96

My knees are no good. When I lift with my legs, they hurt. After a night of MA class, they hurt. After I do my running exercises, they hurt. Sometimes, when I am coming up the stairs, I can hear one of them making a creaking, grinding noise. Sometimes, just holding my leg up and flexing it, it will make the creaking noise as well.

Here is the worst part. When seated, with my legs bent, like normally in a chair, they will sometimes ache. Standing up from a chair, or going to sit down in a chair even hurts. I am 28, and I don't think it is getting better.

What do you think? I am going to try to get to an orthopedist, to see what they can do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say going to the doc is your best bet for now. I've done a number on my knees as well from all the running I did when I was in school and when I took up judo. A lot of the pain went away when I studied tai chi for several years,(much lower impact than judo was) but I still get days when they hurt. I hope things turn out well for you.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Doesn't sound good BM. I 2nd what Lordtariel said, go see a doctor. You're still young and it would be terrible is you couldn't practice MA anymore when you are around 35 because of your knees.

I think I read you lift heavy weights and all. Squats performed badly really hurt your knees. I'm not saying you perform them badly, but it is an option.

just my 2 cents

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

I had knee surgery when I was 17 from a hockey injury,I was training 2 weeks later.So don't worry about a long lay-up if it is just a little bit of torn cartilage like mine was.Also just lately my other knee started aching and I started taking glucosamine and condroitin and it really works.I haven't had an ache in my joints since.I know it's kind of frustrating but I guess it's just another one of lifes little hurdles.Best of luck.

i have the same thing with my elbows. After i do a set of pushups, i can't do more because my elbows start hurting like hell and as soon as i bend them to do the next set, the pain takes over and i can't even hold myself up.

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Trust you Kirsty! Brian go see your doc, i have a similar problem, due to a car accident when i was a child, my knees are very weak. Try knee support bandages, keep them warm best you can and take an anti-inflammatory med like ibuprofen. I find the heat sprays work well too.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I think I read you lift heavy weights and all. Squats performed badly really hurt your knees. I'm not saying you perform them badly, but it is an option.

just my 2 cents

Tom

The thing is, I can't lift any heavy weights with my legs, because of the problem. The other day I had a whole whopping 135 lbs on the bar, and my knees were just screaming at me, doing the reps.

Also just lately my other knee started aching and I started taking glucosamine and condroitin and it really works.I haven't had an ache in my joints since.I know it's kind of frustrating but I guess it's just another one of lifes little hurdles.Best of luck.

I have taken supplements such as these, and ibuprofen, and they don't help. I think it is past that point.

At 28, you shouldn't be having problems like this. Have faith that your doctor will help you get to the bottom of your dilemma, but in the meantime, educate yourself as much as you can, and evaluate everything in your life that might be contributing to your pain. Don't give up. There is an answer to everything, one way or the other.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu