• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lower Back Pain

Lady Kitana

Lately when I am doing push ups I find that I get pain in my lower back either while I am doing them or afterwards . Does anyone else experience this ? If so any Idea's on what I might be doing wrong , I really want to do push ups well , fitness is a big part of my school's program . Thanks :)

your hands and feet are all the protection you need, you win some you loose some but you live to fight another day !!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maybe your abs aren't strong enough & that's somehow hurting your form. Your body should be completely straight.

Try doing hyperextensions after the pushups to get rid of the pain - pushing your shoulders up while leaving your pelvis pushed down to the floor.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Good exercise there by TigerDude. Make sure your back is straight when doing the push-ups. If it helps to relieve the pressure, do them on your knees until you get your back stronger.

Hi Lady,

I get the exact pain your talking about. I have been doing the hyperextensions that tiger has been talking about and find that the pain is getting less.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

You could also try doing planks.Get into the push-up position then rest on your elbows.Try to hold this position for 30 seconds,then to finish off dip your hips down to the floor for 10 reps.Do three sets of these.It will strengthen your core and hips.