• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A question of weight and mabye something else

Jeet Kune Do

Ok, my family and friends say that I am toooo skinny, now that hurts me although I am skinny, I am 16 years old and weigh 7.12 stones (my weight flickers between 7.8 - 8.0,

now this may sound silly but How do you put on weight? I want to be 9 or 10 stone, I know you have to eat but what is the best to make me more heavy???

EDIT: also I am a very active person, I run and do some heart pounding things alot....

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were probably better off putting this in the health, training and fitness section. I'm not great with this sort of stuff, but i would say eat more pasta, potato's ect. Some people are just made that way, im very small, a bit muscly and weigh 9st and im 5ft2 but it doesnt bother me too much. You are probably thinner because you do ma too, you'll be surprised on how many calories you would burn in one session.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

You were probably better off putting this in the health, training and fitness section. I'm not great with this sort of stuff, but i would say eat more pasta, potato's ect. Some people are just made that way, im very small, a bit muscly and weigh 9st and im 5ft2 but it doesnt bother me too much. You are probably thinner because you do ma too, you'll be surprised on how many calories you would burn in one session.

OK, I do train very hard when I train, one time on a bike machine I birned off 50 last monday, but then more upto 150, I think I will mov this to Health TRaining fitness section

Ok, my family and friends say that I am toooo skinny, now that hurts me although I am skinny, I am 16 years old and weigh 7.12 stones (my weight flickers between 7.8 - 8.0,

now this may sound silly but How do you put on weight? I want to be 9 or 10 stone, I know you have to eat but what is the best to make me more heavy???

EDIT: also I am a very active person, I run and do some heart pounding things alot....

The running and heart pounding part could be your main problem. You could continue doing it but adding resistance to your training--weights, bands, etc.--would help prevent those muscles from deteriorating. The real weight gainer would be anaerobic muscle conditioning with free weights, machines, or your own body weight. You certainly don't want to add body fat, do you?

TANG SOO!

We'd probably need to know more about you to determine how best to help you gain weight.

What kind of training do you do? And how often?

What do you normally eat in a day?

How much sleep do you get?

Does the rest of your family tend to be on the thin side also?

How much is a stone? (just kidding)

Are you under a lot of stress with school, job, family, etc?

Do you take any medications?

Answer as many of these questions as you feel comfortable with so that we can help you.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I would say off the top to gain weight, increase your caloric intake. However, it should be done the right way, and not by downing an extra double cheeseburger every 3 hours.

i, uh, yeah, whats a stone? I do not recolect that weight measurement.

One stone is 14 lbs.

Our friend weighs only 99.6 lbs. He likely does need to gain some weight, unless he is less than 5 feet tall.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Jeet, I had the same problem I was always really skinny as a kid and always wanted to get bigger. Now im 23 and finally the weight is starting to go on but I have to eat the right food. Also I now have the problem that I contantly want to be bigger, just remember one day you'll fill out just make sure its muscle.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

i, uh, yeah, whats a stone? I do not recolect that weight measurement.

One stone is 14 lbs.

Our friend weighs only 99.6 lbs. He likely does need to gain some weight, unless he is less than 5 feet tall.

With respect,

Sohan

I am 5ft 8 inches tall............

I do weight training, I use 6kg but when I feel the right time, I lift 18kg and 400lb on legpress

I eat anything, and yes I do eat because I am getting little heavy but I need to be 9 stones or 10

I get 7-8 hours of sleep but on weekends I get like 10 - 12 hours of sleep

My family are not on the thin side, they are normal, I am the skinny one out (my family are impressed with my strength and super-human abilities:)

THere is no stress for me, everything is all....

I use an inhaler for asthma