• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first MA related injury!

My leg is feeling quite a bit better now, and I have some "forced" layoffs for TKD and lifting this coming week, so I think I will be back the following week. The leg is getting better, but still feel tight at times.

Thanks for everyone's support!! :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went to teach the kids class that I normally teach on Monday afternoons, and it was tough. I tried just a few things, real slow like, and my muscle still pulled. It feels like it is going to take forever to heal, at this rate. I am hoping by next week I can get back to doing something. I definitely can't kick with my left leg, yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian, as you know I have had my fair share of injuries this year so believe me I know how frustrated you are x

I am going to make you feel better now - I will quite possibly be out of action for up to 6 months, so it could be worse hun!!!!!

Have a lazy one, only get back into it when you know for sure you are up to it. I brought the second injury on myself by getting back into training too soon, now look where I am.

At the end of the day you have to look out for yourself short term to benefit the long term. Take care and REST!!!!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

So are you out of action Kirsty? I'm really sorry to hear that. I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around here or on the SRK Forums for so long. What injury did you get?

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

Hey Brian, as you know I have had my fair share of injuries this year so believe me I know how frustrated you are x

I am going to make you feel better now - I will quite possibly be out of action for up to 6 months, so it could be worse hun!!!!!

Have a lazy one, only get back into it when you know for sure you are up to it. I brought the second injury on myself by getting back into training too soon, now look where I am.

At the end of the day you have to look out for yourself short term to benefit the long term. Take care and REST!!!!

I feel for you!! Just as an update, after not doing ANYTHING last week, and starting to work out again this week, I thought my leg was feeling better. I have been sprinting some, and running some stairs, and have had no problems. But today, I had to teach kicking class. So, I gave it a try, and got in early to stretch, and found that I could not, with any kind of results. So, I did some hand techniques, and worked from some stances, and got a sweat going that way, but I can't kick worth a darn yet. So, more rest, I guess. :bawling: