• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Beer, alcohol and MA

All you people avoid drinking ? Or drink moderate ? or like to drink well? Do yo think that may affect your physical /mental condition in MA ?

I personally love beer ,and enjoy it. I love to get a cold one when I come back at night after a long day....

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say having a cold one at nigth is not a bad thing. Like anything else, moderation is the key.

Definetly don't drink before a class, however.

I only have the occasional drink in social situations. I'm not really into drinking but don't see the harm in it if it's in moderation.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I love to drink! lol. Never before a class of course (or before much of anything for that matter). I'll have a beer or two every few nights. And then the occassional social gathering or party where I consume more...

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Never before a class of course

Well . I would not drink before training too,because I´ll get dizzy , or dumber. I have readen that Aikido and several japanese MA don´t allow that as an Inflexible rule

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

Obviously alcahol is counter productive to any physical advancement, however I personally believe that it's more important to have a balanced lifestyle.

So... as long as it is not before class, I think that an occasional drink is a good thing. And if that is what relaxes you, all the better.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

I never drink (ever). I just don't see how people can like the taste (here's a hint, if somebody offers you a shot, or glass, of Dry Gin politely pass, then afterwards go to Kmart or Target, not Wal-Mart though!, and buy some bug spray and spray into your mouth* the Dry Gin and bug spary taste similar and Dry Gin is like 30 times the price of bug spray)

My friend is really big on the Budweiser energy drink. It's part beer part energy drink which is the worst idea ever. Why would you combine a depressant (alcohol) with a stimulant (caffeine or whatever else they use). Plus with the caffeine if you get drunk off it you'll have two hangovers instead of 1. Plus, if you thought beer was expensive this is like 150% more and you get about 50% less than a normal beer.

* NOTE: Do not attempt. That was a joke!