• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Quit day today

Shotokan-kez

Hey. I posted on here a while ago about giving up smoking. Well today i took the plunge and put on a nicorette patch. So far so good. I have been frustrated and irritable all day but i'm NOT giving in to it.

I didnt tell anybody because i have tried so many times before and they always say things like 'you always say that' 'You won't last long before your back on the ciggies'. And then if you dont succeed and start again they always say 'told you so'. So i just decided to share my news with you guys and then tell other people when i feel i have succeeded (unless of course they notice that im not smoking).

Kez :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much support as a faceless person whose words are merely letters on a screen can be, we're here for you! Good luck, and you can do it!

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Congrats, Kez!!!!!

Good decision, and don't let other people get you down. This is YOUR thing! What do you care about what everybody else has to say.

I went through the same thing a couple of years ago and one thing I would like to assure you of and that you can keep in mind when it gets tough: you will feel it in your training. Soon. That can keep you going. Plus all the other benefits.

In any case, I am sure you know about all the good things about quitting yourself so let me just again congratulate you and wish you all the best. Hang in there! It'll be worth it!!!!!!!

well done, and hang in there! i know how difficult it is, i quit a few years ago after several attempts. this is one of the best things you can possibly do for yourself. just take each day at a time and it'll be over before you know it. keep us updated, and good luck!!

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

not sure if you've already checked it out, but this site was a great help to me when i quit:

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana