• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Should I be concerned or not?! (!!)

Shui Tora

I weighed myself today, (every month to keep check that I'm maintaing a steady weight; not gaining or losing any) however, today my weight was 40kg. An overall 10kg lost from last month.

This is worrying me as I do not weigh a lot, and if I lose any more, then I dunno what to do!

(For those in imperical measurement; 8lbs --> 7lbs)

I do cardio and some toning at the gym (and at home pending time) and I have a healthy appetite. What is going on here!?

Is it my metabolic rate of digesting food? Thyroid? Preneicous Aneamia!? (all of these link to weight loss...)

I think it is in order to see the Doc...

Any suggestions welcomed...

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Check your weight again, check the scales you're using in case there's a fault with them. If you still think you've lost 10kg in a month then see your doctor ASAP. However if you don't feel ill, you're able to do cardio work, go to a gym and presumably [as you're on this forum], practice martial arts it sounds more like a mistake of aome sort rather than a serious illness. Better safe than sorry though so see your GP.

For conversion use this site.

http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/kilograms-to-pounds.htm

10kg is @ 22 pounds.

So you are saying that you went from 110 pounds to 88 pounds (50kg to 40kg) in a month. It would be an amazing amount of weight to drop given the fact that you are so light. This would not be the kind of loss that would sneak up on you as you would notice your clothes falling off of you and people would be asking if you were ok. At your weight you are talking about a 20% loss in body weight in 30 days.

I would do as Snorri said and check the scale first. If you do suspect sudden and dramatic weight loss then seek medical attention. I just have a hard time believing that you could lose this much weight without knowing it. Let us know what happens.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

10kg is @ 22 pounds.

Kinda got that wrong didn't I? :D

So you are saying that you went from 110 pounds to 88 pounds (50kg to 40kg) in a month. It would be an amazing amount of weight to drop given the fact that you are so light. This would not be the kind of loss that would sneak up on you as you would notice your clothes falling off of you and people would be asking if you were ok. At your weight you are talking about a 20% loss in body weight in 30 days.

Yeah - that's right! I have no clue what is happening! :-?

I would do as Snorri said and check the scale first. If you do suspect sudden and dramatic weight loss then seek medical attention. I just have a hard time believing that you could lose this much weight without knowing it. Let us know what happens.

I'm gonna book an app. tomoz (a.s.a.p) and see what he says; I'm also gonna ask for a blood test to be taken (just on the safe side)

Thing is thought - I haven't been stressed (work load is good...) life is great for me at the moment! I could run the length of a footy pitch quite well... This has struck me so suddenly.

I will tell you what the Doc says (fingers crossed! :lol:)

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Well; I said that I would keep you updates on what happened, and I got the results back from the blood test.

Everything is negative (a good thing), I have good white blood count, my cholesterol is average... But my weight is low! :lol:

My mum thinks that my Doc has left out a test to do (as she herself is a Doc) and so we are visiting a Hospital (booked by my Doc) for other tests... :(

This isn't going too well at the mo...

Well, if anything, you can always eat ice cream and pizza to get the weight back :) But make sure you are healthy first, we dont want you to have some weird disease!

Shito Ryu (3rd kyu) RETIRED - 2002-2003

Now studying BJJ(2006)

Well, if anything, you can always eat ice cream and pizza to get the weight back :) But make sure you are healthy first, we dont want you to have some weird disease!

Well; saying that... One time I remember eating chocolate and pizza together.... Not a very good mix! :lol: :D Lets say that my stomach had a mind of itself! :lol:

An unexpected large weight loss should be of concern and a doctor visit should be done. It may be nothing serious but it is unusual especially if you cannot explain it satisfactorily. Please see a doctor. Good luck

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt