Crescent kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight legged. I don't think a chamber ads any power to it, does it? Seeing as a chamber from the position where we crescent kick is essentailly wasted motion...perhaps it varies in our styles.

Oh. I take it back a little. When I spin or flying spin, I do chamber them, to get better torque. But from standing, it's straight.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

I have heavy legs, so I feel it is easier to chamber them, but sometimes I get off a little when I turn or spin. Been working on fixing it. My straightleg kicks are slower.

I don't know that chambering wastes any motion, at least I don't feel that it does for me. I think it is more like the difference between snapping and thursting, maybe.

I usually use strait leg and try my best avoiding the chambering action.

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

in my dojo the lower ranks do them like an axe kick (no chamber) but when you get higher rank your supposed to chamber, so yea your doing them the right way (as far as I know). :D

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido

When I do an axe kick, I will usually chamber the kick still, but I cut the arc short to bring it down on the target, instead of going through.

I chamber whenever possible and try to do all of my chambers the same. On almost any front leg kick that I do I bring my front knee straight up and then pivot as necessary. This allows for some surprise factor for the opponent. He sees the chamber and then gets a front kick, a little later sees the same chamber but receives a roundhouse, then later a crescent kick.

There are situations in which a straight legged crescent would do better than a chambered, but I practice with the chamber to be better prepared.

chamber if possible, my favorite kick and very effective but seems to take a lot of energy while sparring!!

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.