• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I'm up to 186 now, and hoping for 200 by the time I turn 15. (In January.)

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• 3 weeks later...

I never really lifted much before I got a Bowflex this month. I just turned 17, and weight, hmm, the last I weighed myself I was a measily 150 at 6'4''.

In about three weeks, according to my Bowflex I've reached fro 60 to 110 pounds in about that timeframe (6-12 reps). Very weak, but hey, a good start. However, if anyone asked me what I can lift with my legs they would be pretty awe-struck considering I can still do the full splits.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I had a coach tell me once, long, long ago, that if you can bench press your own weight, then your muscles are in shape, strength wise. I just recently started again, yesterday, to add to my regimen and I could probably only max at 130lbs. I am going for some mass up top though so I will have to start lifting heavy with proper form to achieve my goals. Trying for the "V" shape that makes us all look good. Would love to be able to go to the pool this summer with my kids!8)

Pilsung!

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!