• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how much do you bench?

Radok

I'm 15, 5', weigh 97 lbs (just gained a pound today yipee!!) and i used to leg press 45lbs at physical therapy

:lol:

but that was because they wanted me to take it "easy"...I could do way better than that, just no idea how much exactly.

I've never bench pressed.

My superiority complex is better than yours!

[ This Message was edited by: monkeygirl on 2002-04-30 11:29 ]

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-04-30 08:49, TKD_McGee wrote:

I never go for maximum weight because it dosent mean anything. So you can bench 300 lbs once, wow what good does that do for you? Except stress your muscles and boost your ego.

I have to max a lot because Im in a weightlifting class at school. Our coach makes us max out about every 2 weeks to see if we are actually working. If it doesnt go up at least 5lbs each time, we get points deducted from our grade.

Hey Blade,

your coach seems pretty strict. You can't increase your bench every two weeks forever. Eventually your progress will get slower. If it didn't, there would be people benching thousands of pounds.

When two tigers fight, one dies and the other is mortally wounded.

I am also in weightlifting class at my school right now. I'm 15 and can bench 210. I can clean 185 and squat 285. My dead lift is at 365 but I hate dead lift because it always hurts my back!! i weigh 185.

Break the bones and the body will heal, break the spirit and the body will die.

[ This Message was edited by: Phantasmatic on 2002-05-02 11:06 ]

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Blade does your teacher know what he is doing? Doesnt sound like it if he expects you to get 5lbs. on every max every two weeks.

What other lifts do you max on?

No offense intended. :grin:

I am also in a weight training class and we have only maxed once (we get out for school for summer in like a month).

g95champ try hang clean or power clean both are harder then to normal clean. :up:

Hes primarily the football coach, but does weightlifting as well. He doesnt exactly seem to be a genius.... Well, thats a less harsh way of putting it because hes still really nice even though hes strict. Thats the only max we have to do, but we have a lot of different workouts. No offence taken. :smile:

Hey Tigerstyle, the reason that people go down in weight is because they either get too old of they reach their break limit. My coach said the average persons break limit is 350 lbs. He says that if you can get over 350 in your lifetime you are a gifted lifter.

The break limit is the max a person can do in a lifetime. Many people say that it takes about 15-20 years to go from 150 to 350. Thus being to old to be a hardcore lifter.

When people get too old to bodybuild (40-50) thier muscles start to deteriorate because of their age, it happens to everyone. Thus, they cannot bench what they had a couple of years ago.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

what is the max bench press ever reached?

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Blade is your coach on roids? that would explane such huge strength :weirdlook:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.