• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bad back..any advice?

I know i often post on here with various health problems. I was happy to find this one on the forums because i often have pain somewhere and i am always worrying about it. So anyway here goes with what happened.

I was bending the other day, as i risen i had dreadful pain in the small of my back. It was so bad i couldn't move and i was fixed in that same position for several minutes. It has happened another time again since then. Also since this has been happening the small of my back has been aching, it's like a dull ache and doesn't particulary cause me great distress. It's the sharp shooting pains in my back when i bend that worries me because it totally paralyses me because i just cannot move. I know this could be various things, posture, bending etc. I'm just hoping it won't effect my karate training. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kez x :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I know i often post on here with various health problems. I was happy to find this one on the forums because i often have pain somewhere and i am always worrying about it. So anyway here goes with what happened.

I was bending the other day, as i risen i had dreadful pain in the small of my back. It was so bad i couldn't move and i was fixed in that same position for several minutes. It has happened another time again since then. Also since this has been happening the small of my back has been aching, it's like a dull ache and doesn't particulary cause me great distress. It's the sharp shooting pains in my back when i bend that worries me because it totally paralyses me because i just cannot move. I know this could be various things, posture, bending etc. I'm just hoping it won't effect my karate training. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kez x :karate:

The first thing you should do is get some medical advice, X-Rays etc. Maybe its muscular, maybe its skeletal.

Training without knowing what it is could be quite dangerous

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

It may be because you have weak abs. Weak abs force your lower back muscles to do more work, which can lead to all kinds of problems.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

I agree with Anonymous one - I think it sounds like an issue in need of medical advice (wheres ninjanurse when you need her LOL). If you train and do serious damage you know you will regret it in the long run. Do as you are told and go to the docs.

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Find a good Chiropractor. I had a similar problem after water skiing on 4th of July. Never had been to a Chiropractor before but I was in agony so I gave it a shot. My Xray revealed 5 compressed disks in my lower lumbar. It took several adjustments to get me straightened out but I did fell better after each one. That was a month ago and I'm back to normal now. As an aside, my Chiropractor is also a Tai Chi instructor. He advised me to keep up my Wado Ryu training and just be careful, especially with kicks and take downs. He said MA training would actually help my recovery. He was right. I noticed that I could be in a fair amount of pain before entering the Dojo and feel perfectly normal when I left.

I have a bad back too. It's a skeletal problem and doesn't interfere much with training as long as I'm careful. I agree with the above posts about seeing a doctor. You might end up in a lot of pain some day if you don't have it checked out.

I don't think seeing a chiropractor is the best idea. I know people who've had HORRIBLE experiences with them and some who've had good experiences. Go see a doctor first, if you decide to have your back checked out.