• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wisdom tooth removal.

Shotokan-kez

Had three taken out at once. Not so bad, but the bleeding was a bit annoying. I sneezed in my dad's brand new Honda Odyssey (all-leather) while he was taking me home--it was quite the mess, though he was very understanding.

My wife is next. She's not as keen to pain tolerance as I am, but we'll see.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my brother had his taken out they gave him a complete anesthetic to knock him out. Mine are okay but I hate local anesthetics, had one years ago when getting a tooth pulled out and it hurt like hell!

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

I know am soft - I spar with the guys, do the padwork with them - am not exactly a fragile woman, but I cannot stand the dentist - the thought of being in that chair even now makes me shiver!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Yeah. I actually considered that before posting. lol Mine didn't go very well and now I can't eat solid food!

Just kidding. After a day or two I was alright, but still tender and sore for a while.

I know am soft - I spar with the guys, do the padwork with them - am not exactly a fragile woman, but I cannot stand the dentist - the thought of being in that chair even now makes me shiver!

It really wasn't that bad an experience. I remember almost nothing of the surgery, being under and all, and my post-recovery was a snap for the most part. I did have some dry socket develop, and that was pretty rough, but the dentist applied some medicine to it that instantly relieved my pain. If you don't get that, you're probably going to have it easy.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

STOP STOP STOP!!! Now Kez I know this isnt my thread but come on girl help me out here!! I cant stand hearing anymore of this!

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Dang! The horror stories. Sheesh. Get better dentists people! LOL

Actually, even my surgery last december was a piece of cake. I also heard horror stories, like "you'll be in pain" or "the surgery was horrible." It wasn't at all. My best friend came over that night and I was moving around and I wasn't in pain at all. When I was, it was minor. Advil did the trick. My doc offered pain meds, but I never took it.

So, don't listen to these people. They are trying to scare you ;)

Laurie F