Salt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too much of anything is no good...from what I hear. I have a chop suey recipe that is a sodium bomb pretty much. Everything in moderation...so I hear

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Large amounts of salt does not cause high blood preessure.

Large amnounts of salt may kill you if you have high blood pressure.

As said before, all things in moderation.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

so what does high amounts of salt realyl do to you?

Makes you thirsty I think and it causes retention of water I think....I guess I have to start laying off the Chop Suey or, God forbid cutting back on the soy sauce :(

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Yeah when you go in macdonalds and buy a meal it comes with a drink because of the salt content on the fries. I think thats why the staff put so much salt on them so people are more inclined to spend more and buy the meal. Salt does make you very thirsty.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

It's a known risk factor for heart disease (Causes hypertension through fluid retention), and people with impaired kidney functions cannot excrete enough salt. (Young infants/children and the elderly, mostly).

It's been theorized but not proven that it is a contributing factor in osteoporosis, asthma and a few other common maladies, but nothing has been substantiated yet.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player