Salt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salt in of itself is not bad. Just like when you start taking in too much is when it becomes bad. The upper level intake of salt is 5.8 grams for an adult. So don't go over that amount.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Salt is only bad of you have another medical condition, especially high blood pressure.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

Too much salt will cause you lots of health problems, not enough and a person can die. It's essential, salt. Yet we get more than adequate amounts of sodium from foods we eat. Yet so many people salt and salt and salt, increasing their likelihood of an assortment of heart probs, stroke, high blood pressure, etc.

Eating very salty chips everyday is bad for you. Yes.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Eating them everyday is bad, and thats without the salt!!!!!

This sort of weather you need some salt.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

All things in moderation. There are other things to worry about in chips than salt, like saturated and trans fats. Not a big deal to eat a few chips with lunch or dinner, but I'd watch out for big bowls every day.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

lol oops thats told me!! I have very high metabolism and burn fat easily, i am quite thin, would this help? I like salt but i have seen people add it to mash potato and such like and on roast dinners...personally i think doing that ruins the real taste of the dinner...just the chip thing i need to sort out lol.

Kez xx

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

lol oops thats told me!! I have very high metabolism and burn fat easily, i am quite thin, would this help? I like salt but i have seen people add it to mash potato and such like and on roast dinners...personally i think doing that ruins the real taste of the dinner...just the chip thing i need to sort out lol.

Kez xx

If you like chips that much, make your own. Just slice the spuds however you like, bake them in the oven. Much better than the fried kind, and you can put whatever you like on them. (I like Mrs. Dash fake butter sprinkles, yummy.)

I'm assuming you are talking about the British "chips", which we American's call fries.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I think people should try to wean themselves off of salt slowly. Food in it's natural state contains sodium you don't need to add salt. I used to add salt to my food when I was a teenager and stopped. After a while with a clean diet you begin to taste the natural flavor of foods and you will not miss it. If you cannot go cold turkey, try looking for reduced salt products. They are popping out everywhere. You can find reduced salt chips even. :) Just my opinion.

Venuswarrior

The "salt is bad for you" thing is a myth. There is no scientific reason for salt reduction in otherwise healthy people.

Here is a good writeup on it.

http://www.junkscience.com/jan01/saltwars.htm

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi