• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Creatine? Going against martial arts philosphy?

Zatoichi

Do you take creatine?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take creatine?

• Yes
    • No

The concept of martial arts is the art of discovering the most efficent way to kill someone...

and in this case by unarmed combat

Period.

Perhaps, although you are discounting all the mental aspects of the training.

Regardless, what does that have to do with creatine?

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently don't take any supplements. In my case, I think the best thing I could do is diet more and do more cardio.

Supplements are not necessarily a bad thing, but I would defenitly stay away from anything new and shady.

The concept of martial arts is the art of discovering the most efficent way to kill someone...

Period.

Many martial artists would disagree with your statement. I personally believe that my martial arts training prepares me to discover more ways of living in harmony with my environment.

I've seen a person die before. Talking about efficiently killing someone may sound cool, but it's not. I'm much more impressed by someone who talks about how to make peace, and reserves their martial arts skills for situations where their life is truly in danger.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I took it and i advice against it...unless you are a serious BODYBUILDER!!!

I ended up looking puffy as it retains tons of water. My girlfriend hated it and when i came off it i looked much trimmer, better.

Weights, cardio, MA, general fitness and good food. Living life without obsessing...upsetting the balance in your mind.... is the order of the day.

You can increase your protien in shakes but i would strongly advice agaisnt creatine supplements.

I had the same experience as you.

I took Creatine for 1 month, gained about 7pds, but not where I was expecting it.(Gut :D )

I was Training 3 days Kempo, 1 day weights.

I finished the bucket and have not taken it since. I guess it depends on the person taking it.

Staying Healthy should be 1st priority, if it could make you unhealthy, I would not take it.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

I took creatine for a while, but the frequency of my migraine attacks rose so I stopped.

I haven't tried it since, and it could just be a coincidence, but I'm not going through that again, I'd rather stay away from it.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Period.

Many martial artists would disagree with your statement. I personally believe that my martial arts training prepares me to discover more ways of living in harmony with my environment.

I've seen a person die before. Talking about efficiently killing someone may sound cool, but it's not. I'm much more impressed by someone who talks about how to make peace, and reserves their martial arts skills for situations where their life is truly in danger.

With respect,

Sohan

I totally agree, I sed to be a real jerk and pick fights to show off how tough and good I was at kick boxing. After I grew up I realized how silly that was andhave since started learning softer martial arts like bjj so that I'll have a choice as to how much harm I have to inflict if I ever do have to fight. As for the creatine I've never taken it but my friends who have say it's great and they haven't had any adverse reactions that I know of.

Creatine Monophosphate - It's a dietary supplement that helps with energy production/availability. I have a post discussing it in detail, just search my name in this forum and you'll find it.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I've taken nitros oxide. (Bought one bottle, pill form) I didn't develope any ill effects from it. I noticed it seem to make me appear more lean and give me definition. Veins became a bit more apparent. I was also taking protein powder at the time and working out more regularly(4 times/week) so i can't say how much was from the n02. I believe its suppose to open the blood vessels. So that, taken in addition with creatine, which helps with blood flow also, seem to be a couple of supplements that work well together.

I haven't tried creatine as of yet, but my manager at my work took both the creatine and n02 at once, and enjoyed the results, telling me if he was to get serious about lifting again, he'd take both again.

I think if your only working out casually though, definately stay away from the supplements, as they might just make you pudgy.

Creatine and NO2 work great when supplemented together.

I stopped taking the NO2 because I bruised a lot easier due to the open blood vessels. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I stopped because I didn't want to look like a battered spouse or something.

Anyways if you are interested on more of the effects of NO2 I would suggest you pick up "The Nitric Oxide Revolution" A very good book about NO2, the effects, and adding it into your work outs.

OSU

Ichi Geki, Hissatsu

one strike, certain death