• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Had my first JKD class last night...

The instructor was very cool and was very knowledgable about jkd. It was a great workout and looking forward to my next session. I sparred with a friend of mine who is taking the class with me. It was interesting to say the least. I have to work on my balance a little more and to try and not go airborn when I move back from an attack. I usually hop back or jump back wards to get away. Dragging/sliding my feet will take some getting used to. Also punching along my centerline of my body is another thing I need to practice. Trying to put all my weight into a quick punch and be able to use both my left and right hands (im a righty) comfortably.

I love it! :D

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Did he make you switch lead hand (move power hand forward), that took getting used to

Yes. Im originally a righty and my stance was wrong. He told me to get in my stance as if i was about to get into a fight. I stood left foot forward, right arm back. It had always worked for me in the stret rights I have been in. He taught me to have my power up front. No need for it to be tucked away in the back when I can have the same power faster and with better control.

He then, as you said, had me switch it up so my left arm/leg was in the front. I actually felt pretty good in that stance. Felt better than I thought it would :o I'm looking forward to my next class :D

-Ray

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

I agree. After one class I like it already.

Btw, Your myspace link is wrong...might want to add an 'a' in cobra for it to work =)

Monday (tomorrow) at 7:30...I can't wait!!

-Ray

Glad you liked it. :up:

Usually we were thought to use right side forward as a preference but also, after some time, we should be able to apply the same technique with left side forward.