• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did my JKD fundemental grading after 6 months study, last sunday....passed with 83 out of 100. The averege in our school is between 65...75, with a minimum pass of 56... So im pretty stoked!!

Its a great class that doesnt hand out grades, merits or belts simply for money...you have to work for them!!

Anyway thought id share my first martial art achivement with everyone, beginners and vetrens alike!

Be like water my friend!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah,

Congrad's

Its a sweet feeling when hard work pays off.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Did my JKD fundemental grading after 6 months study, last sunday....passed with 83 out of 100. The averege in our school is between 65...75, with a minimum pass of 56... So im pretty stoked!!

Its a great class that doesnt hand out grades, merits or belts simply for money...you have to work for them!!

Anyway thought id share my first martial art achivement with everyone, beginners and vetrens alike!

Thats great, I have one question though. Does JKD have kata or forms in thier system?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Thats great, I have one question though. Does JKD have kata or forms in thier system?

No kata...no true forms as such. We do have the typical jkd stance, but we are not rigid in form. We swap left and right leads and in general jkd is quite evasive in movement and body control. We did alot of punching and kicking...not in the air but on kick sheilds and focus mits. A technically perfect kick in the air is useless if it cant be implemented in real life. So power and speed as well as technique was order of the day. Also did tons of push ups and cat stretches etc...to test genrel fitness. If your not fit and your staminas bad, your at a disadvantange in a fight.

No sparring on this one...only fundementals! gets harder and harder!!

In my own humble opinion i find punching rigidly in air to a pattern, or doing kata a little useless...this would serve little purpose on the street...HOWEVER i understand it gives a certain disipline to students, especially in the traditional arts, which i have the upmost repect for.

I do a little wing chun on the side by the way, which is a slight contradition to jkd. By that i mean, i know jkd dirives from w.c, but jkd is not a style in its self. Also wing chun has a many set patterns and forms.

Be like water my friend!!

Congratulations, I did JKD, as a second art, for a while and enjoied...

I had to quit for a work schedule conflict :bawling: