• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GKR Karate

Co_Co

I have to say i had a few problems with GKR at first. But now we have had a new Sensei turn up and he is really changing things around. He’s shaping things up and i was in class with him for 5 min and he had corrected me on 3 things and im like wow he’s good. He’s making the classes better and finding the problems and correcting it or getting rid of it full stop.

The problems with B/W belt is some are not that high them self’s. He doesn’t like it so he is giving them a choice come to my senior class, and he will train you to destruction till u r worthy of that belt of he will give you your old colored belt back. He wants to lower the amount of B/W as he see to mainy in class domonating towards the students.

And generally make it a joy to train not a chure.

B/W = Black and White

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately ask! You wouldn't hire a lawyer to defend you without checking what his win rate is, so why take a gamble on someone you are paying to teach you something.

If he takes offense at you asking, I would be asking yourself some serious questions as to weather or not this is a good person to be training with.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

All i have heird is that he is very good because in our club the teaches wear black belts with a white line through the middle.:karate:

and no student askes what belt the teacher is because there are some teachers with the black and white belt that are starting to learn how to teach as well as learn them selfs. Strange i know but he has come from a nother part of the country to help us all. Kancho Robert Sulivan wouldent of send him if he was bad. :D

No hes good he just dosent like to show off or bost :lol:

The white line means he isn't a dan grade.

I taught for GKR for about a year, mostly in my grade belt, but if anyone asked I told them my grade.

The idea of it being rude to ask his grade is just a mechanism used to hide grade. And not one particular only to GKR.

In short....ask him his grade or better, ask how long he has been training..

I asked hes been tranning for 7 and a half years

I THINK hes on his last part of his brown going for black but the way he is with speed and every thing about him i think he sould be a black by now

hes alot better than my previous Sensei and i have a lot of respect for him

thanks for your help guys and girls