• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

weight-free training is it enough for ma strength

ang_soo_do_guy

hey

ive just decided to use my own body weight for a resistance program since 1 i can do my training anywhere and 2 i can change it freely

but i was wondering would i get the strength desired from this i know i wont look like van damme from just using my body but i dont wanna bulk anyway just tone up

thnx

"learning a martial art is like tuning a string instrument. tune the strings too hard and they will snap tune them too little and it will not play but tune it right and you will have music for a lifetime"-anonomous

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It is sufficient to do as you are thinking of doing.

The choice to bulk up or or use resistance training is a personal one.

If you did weight train, you could always pyramid down on the quantity of mass rather than up.

Remaining flexible, eating well, and doing plenty of resting, and cardiovasular exercise will generally provide the results many of the regular guys desire.

Take care and good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Body weight training does provide strength gains and in many cases is very effective . You do have to keep in mind that strength increases will plateau at some point and if you wish to continue to increase in strength you will need to expand your routine as the body adapts to the resistance provided . There are many , many ways to do this . Starting with standard body weight squats and then moving towards a single leg squat and then adding an isometric hold or even adding a balance or weight element to it .

Adding plyometric reps at the end of a body weight movement can bring improovement . Bringing some balance element to the movement can increase difficulty as well . ( do 15 to 20 standard push ups and compare to 15 or 20 with hands on a stability ball . )

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.