• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Canucklehead's greeting

Drgnslyer

Hey guys and gals :)

I'm from BC Canada, and randomly found this forum while looking for a picture of a juka emerald gi, which i wanted to give to a friend of mine.

I've been studying martial arts for about seven years now, howeer have only trained for about three and a half or so of those years, late 2001 i was in a brutal car crash and tore my entire abdominal wall...early this spring i had hopefully my last operation and medical stuff happen regarding the crash to repair a hernia.

I've got my Green belt in Renshikan Karate, a traditional okanawan style *think chito-ryu meets shotokan*

My girlfriend and future wife *it's been agreed upon, but no date is set, and we're not worried about setting one* has her shodan. We both train togeather when we can, and the dojo we train in*or sometimes rather, with, as we have to change our venue from time to time, as we don't have our own building* is a great group of people, and has a very capable sensei.

I enjoy competition, and have a relatively successful track record for what i've been in. My big goal currently is to overcome my injuries of years past and return to tournament form. In the western Canadian invitational held by my club in years past *unfortunately not anymore, as we couldn't afford to host it anymore* in two showings and five events, I have one bronze *my first medal, in kata, another bronze in team kata, a silver for kata, and a gold for kimute. I also have two medals from the karate BC tournament in fall/98 i think, bronze for kata, and silver for kimute. The last tournament I was in was a qualifier for the bc winter games, where i was eliminated and barely missed the cut for the games. Personally I get a rush from competition, and love the opportunity to compare my progress with other students from other clubs.

As much as I enjoy competition, the true motivation behind my training lies within the path. I'm an avid reader of 'budo theroy', and always learn something new when i read that book, and I'm a very firm believer in the purpose, and beyond that, need for kata, and the bunkai that goes with each.

*looks up* I should stop rambling now...but that's a tidbit about myself ;)

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3535/siggydemo58lq.jpg

(Images aren't allowed, but if you want, take a peek for yourself ^ )

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF, good luck with your operation, and good luck when you get married.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."