• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ingredients in your JKD recepee

Hi, I'm learning that JKD takes elements from different arts and make a system based on basic principles (stated by Bruce Lee).

So what are the ingredients of your JKD practice.

For me (beginner level) those are:

Punches and high kicks (boxing, kickboxing)

Low kicks, elbows and knees (Muay Thai)

Trapping (Wing Chun)

Grappling and ground work (Wrestling,BJJ),

Locks (kung fu, ci na)

Weapons (Kali).

What are yours?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultimate fighter would make himself, so to speak.

It's not so much the style in combat as it is effectiveness - the right technique in the right place at the right time. That, and the level of training of the fighter decide the superior fighter.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

The ultimate fighter would make himself, so to speak.

It's not so much the style in combat as it is effectiveness - the right technique in the right place at the right time. That, and the level of training of the fighter decide the superior fighter.

now why can't people recognize this?

you scythe with it!!!!!!

ivette_green wrote:

I have heard that kyokushin, judo and boxing would make the ultimate fighter. And I think the spelling you're looking for is recipe.

This combination looks as good as anything else. Someone proficient in those three martial arts should be tough to beat.

Right.. Just because you want to have two good abilities doesn't mean you can take the two best and use them. It's a bit like cooking.. "All the nutrition and fiber of bran flakes in milk, with the bite of thai foods provided by this spoon of cayenne powder!" Mostly the arts that have the "best X" have specialized their structure and training to achieve it, and their techniques will start to fall apart as they change their form to adapt to other arts' and techniques' demands, leaving the cross-trainer with techniques from the art which is 'the best at X' which, once adjusted to fit their base structure, are no longer better than, and likely worse, than the techniques they could have found inside their own art.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

the man is more important than the style. Think about that. And no, it doesn't mean that the man can make up his own art form either, despite all the bickering that others may throw out there.

you scythe with it!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Personaly I like my schools system of trainig: First we start with JKD where we practice strikeing combos and trapping or we train with kali sticks then we move into the BJJ part of class where we will train either with or without the gi.

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard