informer

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm....sad to say, I've only had two belts, and I like my white belt better. It's nice and broken in, and hands down right, my yellow one is still sort of stiff after 5 months of use, and isn't long enough. But since Sensei gave it to me, whatever Sensei says is best....of course, that doesn't stop me from having preference, but...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

My first two belts were the nicest, most broken-in belts I've ever owned..my white belt (had for 6 months and trained hard with) and my yellow belt (had for 3 months, but trained harder in)...they were both the perfect size...the reason you probably like your white belt so much is because generally white belts are a lot thinner and of less material, making them easier to become flimsy (which might I add I love about a belt :D ) When ya get into higher grade belts, they generally become thicker and made of better amterial..or at least the ones I wear do. When ya get to black belt, they get to become any size you want to make them, generally thicker than the rest so they are more noticeable, making them harder to break in, but well worth the wait.

Edited by 1kickKO

My belt seems to fit pretty well.. I've never noticed it being too long or short.

Running off 1kickKO's post, I'm in the same situation... I've only had my orange belt for a little over a month, and I wish it had the consistency of my white belt, which was well broken in :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

The belts we wear in our dojo go half way down to the thigh but aren't allowed to go past the knee. But I've seen some Chito-Ryu dojos where they seem to all go just past the knee. Very interesting head shots when some of them to front kicks. :S

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I just got my new belt, and the darn thing has like 4" sticking out on each side...looks like stiff bunny ears...motivation, I guess.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

Now that I have my orange belt, I like it pretty well. It goes down just the right amount for me, and it's not even really stiff, even though it's new. Go figure. Shouldn't take too long to break it in with all the sparring and such we've been doing lately.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu