• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Calling All White Belts!

June1

Thanks for the welcome! I have been to 3 classes so far - some Karate-related soreness (I wouldn't call them injuries) have cropped up but I am going to keep at it! Thanks for the encouragement - just reading some of the threads here keeps me interested. And having really good Sensei's at the dojo that I go to help as well!

Brian :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There I was just a walking down the street singing do I did e diddy dum did e doo. Well, actually I wasn't singing, but I was walking!

I was with a friend and we walked passed this building with its door open. The people inside were doing testing for kyokushin karate. They were breaking boards and fighting each other. It was super nifty to see. So my friend and I stood peering in for a few minutes before a brown belt ushered us in and told us where to sit to watch. It was really cool and I've been training for about 4 months now and love my dojo, all the people in it and kyokushin karate.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

I started MA in march 2003 when the gym opened a course on kickboxing. I started doing it and I liked it a lot. Soon I started to feel the need for a complement for kickboxing because even if it was very good for fitness very fun and quite easy to learn I wanted to learn more about MA so I started cross training in JKD/kali in september 2003 but that experience lasted only one month because we were only two students and the school closed. Then in January 2004 I stated Tai chi chuan yang style. This is totally different from kickboxing and still I enjoy it. Later on I wanted to replace my kickboxing with something more rounded and traditional so I startd karate (april 2004) and I really love it.

Now I consider Karate my first art and TCC my cross-training, and I think that I found the kind of training I was looking for.

This is my MA story.

BTW.......GojuRyu Shawn.......Its not "kabuto".......its "KoBudo"......no biggy......just so you know. :-)

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Howdy all, I'm Ollie. Started doing KUGB Shotokan a couple months ago when I came to Uni here in Exeter, and now I've got my first grading on friday! :o

Good luck!

I work in Exeter! I train in Torbay though.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum