Attack them with a grin...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can't help but to smile while I am in a fight :lol: ...I just get so excited..and I think it gives me an advantage over my opponet...They are intimidated by me because I am smiling, laughing, bouncing around and having a good time, but at the same time I am serious, and extreamly focused :karate: ....People say that it feels as if they are fighting two different people at once when fighting me~_^...one being a crazy happy dude that is obviously enjoying the beating he is giving his opponet, and the other being a crazy, dark, cold, serios fighter...a fighter with a stare that sends cold shivers down your spine...So yeah...Whatever works for you...Personally I think smiling and laughing helps you, but maybe thats just me......

"One may conquer in battle a thousand times a thousand men, yet he is the best of conquerors who conquers himself"

Smiling in a fight is an extremely effective tactic.You can do many other small actions wich can benefit you in a match.

In "Hudsun Hawk" (a movie starring Bruce Willis) Bruce gets his opponent to start laughing buy saying a joke and then hits him with a beer bottle.

Pretty funny stuff.

Anyway many little actions such as smiling and telling a joke in a match can be a benifit.Then again it depends on who your fighting.

"Knowledge is Power!"

~Matousek~

Martial Arts

I find that with a smile or calm face I feel more loose and relaxed than when I try the stern serious look. The looser and more relaxed you are the quicker and easier you move. I prefer to look less intimidating as it leads to underestimation from my opponent. :)

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I always try to wear the serious face when sparring teens or adults. For the kids I laugh and coax them into commiting to a move, thus breaking the freezing aspect that some kids go through when first sparring, just to make it fun for them. They then feel more comfortable sparring others. Sometimes we adults can start having a good time.

Want to make a friendly match tough? Compliment them on technique if it is a good one. Tell them way to go when they do score on you. That's when the fun really begins.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Works for muggers.. :)

Seriously, many muggers use disarming tactics such as smiling andd enquiring after a family members health before springing an attack.

I would guess the same principle works in the dojo too.

I normally have a big cheesy grin on my face. Nothing to do with karate, just me. But ive seen it unerve some people.