• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

heavy bag gloves

Does it not depend on what the bag is filled with?

I wouldn't want to hit a heavy heavy bag with my bare hand, one filled with rags etc: is not too hard on the hands. If im using a bag I normally wear sparring mitts anyway, these tend to do the job well enough.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

good post whitey. anyway, yeah, totally agree its bad for your hands, not just because of everything whitey said, though its all true... but because the actual force on your knuckles, because they are bones, is bad. you can damage the tiny parts of the bone and over time push them back into your fist. and yea, probably any type of heavy bag would require gloves for the above reasons.

personally, i like the fingerless gloves because they feel more like a fist than any other glove, though any bag glove (with enough padding for my rock hard denim filled 75lb-er) is acceptable.

a broken arm throws no punches

I like those fingerless gloves, they're the only ones I use the right part of my fist with. You should always use gloves though, why would you want to damage yourself?

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli

Though it can cause damage, I believe it's necessary to ATLEAST alternate between bag gloves and no gloves cause you don't wanna punch a guy in the face, get a booboo, and get your butt kicked cause you can't punch anymore cause of the pain. I'm not dissing them, and their importance is obvious, but you have to able to punch something without whining about it. Don't say it doesn't happen i've seen sissies do it.

"Arise chicken, arise!" --Billy-witchdocter.com

well thats actually why i like the fingerless gloves... theyre a lot like a real fist. as a matter of fact, last night i went about 40 minutes straight on the heavy bag (after a workout...) and today i can feel it in my first two knuckes just a little, right where i should.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

-Machiavelli