• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Real tired: In need of some comforting

40 cent

In most cases, 8 hours is actually one to two hours too little sleep. The fact of the matter is, some people need more sleep than others.

Some thoughts.

that is blatently false. Ten hours of sleep!? You are absurd. When you start sleeping eleven hours a night that is dangerous for you. Eight hours a day is very normal, unless you are a 7 year old.

Watch your tone, that was insulting. If you disagree with something someone says, thats fine, put your side accross in reasonable words and tone like an adult.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Listen to your body. the changes to your internal clock caused by shiftwork could be the sole problem, but it also may have depressed your immune system enough for you to catch a low level virus. Things like glandular fever come to mind. I contracted a mosquito borne virus years ago that persisted for 18 months. I was working long irregular hours at the time, studying and renovating a house. The way I got over it was to sleep when I was tired, as much as I needed or could fit in, then when I was feeling good, I'd work on my fitness. I gave up the booze and ate really well. Most viruses affect the liver so alcohol really aggravates the problem. I also took a multivitamin supplement. Just look after yourself. I found meditation helped too, but that's a personal thing, though I think stress management is critical.

3rd shift will kill you quick. The human body was not meant to be nocturnal. You can't force it into a habit it was not designed or accustomed to. Oh, furthermore... 8-10 hours of sleep is optimal for adults. More for infants or children isn't bad, either. A rule of thumb is you should sleep as long as you need without having to wake up to an alarm. People who wake up to an alarm are inherently more tired than those who don't. It isn't "dangerous" to get more sleep than 10 hours a night. Give me a break. Bottom line; try going to a normal shift. If you still feel lethargic, then check with your doctor and have him run some tests. Chances are, the long hours, crummy shift, and lack of sleep are getting to you and causing you to get sick. I worked 6pm-6am for 12 months. I think I aged more that year than I did in 10 years. That's the main culprit of your lethargy.

Mixed Martial Artist