• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Logo removal?

I didn't know where the put this, so I put it here (Patrick will yell at me LOL).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove logos off of the back of gis/doboks? I have one old uniform that I really like, but I have to remove the logo for use in a different dojang/dojo.

Any suggestions?

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I take it you mean printed rather than embroidered logos?

Try ironing it off with a super-hot steam iron. Cover the plate of the iron with greaseproof paper to stop the logo from mucking up your iron.

Warning : I have never specifically tried doing this, but I know that irons can remove screen-printed logos, as I accidently removed part of a logo from a t-shirt that I was ironing one day. That was a definate D'oh! moment.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I would say the same as aefibird, as far as I know its kind of like steaming a stamp off an envelope.. not that i'd ever be that cheap *cough*

If it is screen printed you are probably SOL. Screen printing usually only fades with time and washing. Unfotunately, the fabric will wear out faster than the printing. Sorry, Laurie.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!